2017 PPOB SCHEDULE
Thursday, June 15
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM - Office open for late entires on regular show and showmanship (CASH & CREDIT ONLY)
- Barns open for stalling; Sand in barn; Scales available
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM - Steer weight cards turned in and steers classified
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM - Check heifers and registration papers
11:00 PM - Barns closed
2:30 PM - Gebo's Supreme Champion Heifer Show, Ring A
FRIDAY ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED!
2017 PPOB RULES
- ••NEW FOR 2017 - BLOW AND SHOW ONLY•• No paint or adhesive
- For the 2017 showmanship contest, the exhibitor must select Heifer or Steer shwomanship and not both. Showmanship will be a "blow and go". Prizes and scholarships will be awarded.
- **NEW FOR 2017 - Late entry fee of $35 per head after Sunday, June 11. Late entries will only be accepted at the show office on Thursday, June 15 from 1pm-3pm. Late entries are cash or credit card only. No checks. No late entries accepted after 3pm on Thursday, June 11
- Names of the steer exhibitors who turn in weight cards and are classified on Thursday evening between 5:00 PM and 8:00 PM will be put in a drawing for a $25.00 gift certificate to the concession stand.
- **NEW FOR 2017 - Top 5 calves will be placed in the Grand Drive of the prospect show & awards given
- **NEW FOR 2017 - Showmanship entries will be cut off on Thursday, June 11 at 3pm. You can enter online or at the show before Thursday at 3pm. No Friday morning entries.
- "Weighed Out" steers will NOT receive a ribbon nor premium money and the class placing will move up and if the 1st place steer weighs out the 2nd place steer will come back to compete for the champion breed drive.
- Heifer show age - July 1 , 2015 and younger.
- All generators must be placed outside of barn.
- Port-A-Cools ARE NOT ALLOWED. You are allowed to bring fans.
- All trailers must be parked in the lot across the street from the Ollie Liner Center unless the trailer will have cattle tied to it for outside stalling. We have limited space inside & out so we need everyone’s cooperation. No trailers can be parked at the end of the barn, on the grass in front of the barn or in the RV spots.
- All bib tag numbers must be on the front of the exhibitor’s shirt. This allows the awards committee to match up kids with awards as they leave the show ring.
- If we have any cattle of a particular breed they will show with that breed alone. We will NOT mix breeds together.
- Heifer classes will have a minimum of 3 head per class despite the age difference.
- Any steer weighing out will forfeit all money and prizes and will not be allowed to show in the Grand Champion drive. 1st & 2nd place winners in each class will be weighed back. There is a 5% weigh back on all steers.
- Exhibitors must show in Ring A to be eligible to show in Ring B.
- All inside stalls are pre-assigned as we receive paid entries. Outside stalling is first come, first served. The board does not assign or designate any stalling areas outside the barn. However, the board does have the right to give inside stalls away if no cattle are tied in the stall. An exhibitor can stall inside OR outside, but NOT both due to space limitations.
- If you want indoor stalls reserved, you must complete entries online. Stall reservations are online only. You cannot reserve more stalls than the number of cattle entered.
- Exhibitors must be between the ages of 8 & 19. Graduating seniors will be allowed to participate. We do host a Pee Wee Showmanship contest for our younger exhibitors.
- Weight Breaks for Steers:
- Progress Steers – 876 & above
- Prospect Steers – 875 & below
- RV spots are first come first serve. There are no reservations. The cost is $15 per night. No trailer parking in RV spots unless paying for spot & staying in living quarters.
- Ollie Liner Center is an alcohol free facility. If you choose to partake of alcohol outside, please make sure all beverage containers are picked up & placed in the dumpsters.
2017 PPOB AWARDS
Ring A Awards
Premium money will be awarded in each class (please see premium schedule for amounts)
Picture plaques are awarded to all breed champions & reserve breed champions.
- Supreme Champion Heifer: $1000
- Reserve Champion Supreme Heifer: $500
- Grand Champion Progress Steer: $500
- Reserve Champion Progress Steer: $300
NEW FOR 2017: AWARDING THE TOP 5 STEERS
- Grand Champion Prospect Steer: $1000
- Reserve Champion Prospect Steer: $500
- 3rd Overall Prospect Steer
- 4th High Prospect Steer
- 5th High Prospect Steer
Prize money will also be awarded to the breed champion & reserve champion based on the number of entries in that breed.
RING A MONEY PAYOUT PER CLASS
Ring B Awards
Awards such as monogrammed chairs, tack, etc. will be given to the top placing calves in Ring B. Ring B also gains you extra points.
Cash prizes will be given to the Grand & Reserve Grand Champions from Ring B.
- $500 scholarships to top senior heifer & steer showmen
- Awards such as gift cards, monogrammed items, etc. will be given to top showmen in each age division.
|Showmanship pirzes are Sponsored by: